Fellowships, Positions, Internships
- Editorial internship (online only) at Black Perspectives, summer 2021, for rising seniors. Application deadline: April 1, 2021. Details.
- Senior and Junior Fellowships (postdoc) at the Historisches Kolleg, Munich. Deadline: April 30, 2021, for the 2022–23 academic year. Details.
- The annual conference of the African American Intellectual History Society (AAIHS) takes place online this week, March 19–20. Details.
- “Public Transport in the Americas: Mobility and Transatlantic Scientific Exchanges,” public lecture on Zoom, March 26, 2021, 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (US and Canada), GHI Washington DC. Registration and details.
- The Entangled Media Histories research network at Lund University is offering an interesting lunch webinar series with postdoc scholars. Program and contact information.
- Plants in Early Modern Knowledge: History, Philosophy, and Medicine, free online seminar, spring 2021, Università Ca’Foscari Venez. Announcement with Zoom link email address: @FabrizioBaldas6.
- New Book Forum: Science, Medicine, Environment at the Center “History of Knowledge” in Zurich, including Matthew Hunter (McGill University), “Painting with Fire: Sir Joshua Reynolds, Photography, and the Temporally Evolving Chemical Object,”” March 31, 2021, 18-19 CET, online. See the events calendar for all of the talks in this series, including contact information for registering for a Zoom link.
Featured image: Notices at the Farm Security Administration labor camp in Caldwell, Idaho, by Lee Russel, June 1941. Source: Library of Congress Prints and Photographs.