Stranded encyclopedias: encyclopedic dreams and practices c. 1600–2000, Stockholm, September 13–14, 2018; deadline: March 1.
- Call: Foreign Knowlege—Medieval Attitudes towards the Unknown, workshop in Bochum, Germany, June 14–16, 2018; application due March 31, 2018
- Call: Chronotopos: A Journal of Translation History, first issue, deadline: July 1, 2018
- Reading: Changing Funding Arrangements and the Production of Scientific Knowledge, ed. Jochen Gläser and Kathia Serrano Velarde, special issue of Minerva 56, no. 1 (March 2018).
- Reading: One Thousand Gophers: Information and Emigration in the Early U.S. by J.T. Jameson, JHIBLOG, February 14, 2018
The folks at the New History of Knowledge project have published an informative book entitled Circulation of Knowledge: Explorations in the History of Knowledge, edited by Johan Östling et al. (Lund: Nordic Academic Press, 2018). The book is available to read without restrictions as an open access PDF file. The introduction includes useful information about the history of knowledge in relation to other subfields of history.
- "The Global Knowledge of Economic Inequality: The Measurement of Income and Wealth Distribution since 1945," deadline: February 28, 2018
- "Dynamiken des Wissens: Historische Perspektiven auf das Verhältnis von Wissen und Migration vom 20. Jahrhundert bis zur Gegenwart," deadline: February 28, 2018
- "Call for Applications: Explorative Workshops 'Mobility—Knowledge—Society'," deadline: March 9, 2018
Thursday is a big holiday in the United States, where we are located, so this blog will be quiet until next week. Happy Thanksgiving! See more
The Nexus of Migration, Youth, and Knowledge
- Panel series at the 2018 Annual Conference of the German Studies Association in Pittsburgh
- September 27–30, 2018
- Conveners: Andrea Westermann (GHI West, Berkeley), Onur Erdur (Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin)
- Deadline: December 15, 2017