- Call: Power of the Priests: Political use of Religious Knowledge, November 29 to December 1, 2018. Deadline: July 15, 2018
- Call: The Transmission of Financial Knowledge in Historical Perspective, 1840–1940, Washington, March 8–9, 2019. Deadline: August 1, 2018.
- Call: In Global Transit: Forced Migration of Jews and other Refugees (1940s–1960s), May 19–22, 2019. Deadline: August 1, 2018.
Johan Östling's Humboldt and the Modern German University has been translated from Swedish into English. Even better, this Lund University Press publication is OpenAccess and can be downloaded as a PDF.
From the abstract:
By combining approaches from intellectual history, conceptual history and the history of knowledge, the study investigates the ways in which Humboldt’s ideas have been appropriated for various purposes in different historical contexts and epochs. Ultimately, it shows that Humboldt’s ideals are not timeless—they are historical phenomena and have always been determined by the predicaments and issues of the day.
- CfP deadline extended to March 15 for Histories of Migration: Transatlantic and Global Perspectives (Bucerius Young Scholars Forum) at GHI West, Berkeley. The organizers seek papers that rephrase questions and methodological issues in migration history from a history of knowledge perspective or vice versa.
- Marx at 200: A Symposium, April 12, 2018, GHI, Washington, DC. This event is open to all, but you must register by April 5.
- Ancient and Modern Knowledges: Colloquium at the University of Sheffield, June 22–23, 2018. Abstracts due May 1, 2018
Stranded encyclopedias: encyclopedic dreams and practices c. 1600–2000, Stockholm, September 13–14, 2018; deadline: March 1.
- Call: Foreign KnowlegeMedieval Attitudes towards the Unknown, workshop in Bochum, Germany, June 1416, 2018; application due March 31, 2018
- Call: Chronotopos: A Journal of Translation History, first issue, deadline: July 1, 2018
- Reading: Changing Funding Arrangements and the Production of Scientific Knowledge, ed. Jochen Gläser and Kathia Serrano Velarde, special issue of Minerva 56, no. 1 (March 2018).
- Reading: One Thousand Gophers: Information and Emigration in the Early U.S. by J.T. Jameson, JHIBLOG, February 14, 2018
The folks at the New History of Knowledge project have published an informative book entitled Circulation of Knowledge: Explorations in the History of Knowledge, edited by Johan Östling et al. (Lund: Nordic Academic Press, 2018). The book is available to read without restrictions as an open access PDF file. The introduction includes useful information about the history of knowledge in relation to other subfields of history.
- "The Global Knowledge of Economic Inequality: The Measurement of Income and Wealth Distribution since 1945," deadline: February 28, 2018
- "Dynamiken des Wissens: Historische Perspektiven auf das Verhältnis von Wissen und Migration vom 20. Jahrhundert bis zur Gegenwart," deadline: February 28, 2018
- "Call for Applications: Explorative Workshops 'Mobility—Knowledge—Society'," deadline: March 9, 2018