- CfP deadline extended to March 15 for Histories of Migration: Transatlantic and Global Perspectives (Bucerius Young Scholars Forum) at GHI West, Berkeley. The organizers seek papers that rephrase questions and methodological issues in migration history from a history of knowledge perspective or vice versa.
- Marx at 200: A Symposium, April 12, 2018, GHI, Washington, DC. This event is open to all, but you must register by April 5.
- Ancient and Modern Knowledges: Colloquium at the University of Sheffield, June 22–23, 2018. Abstracts due May 1, 2018
Stranded encyclopedias: encyclopedic dreams and practices c. 1600–2000, Stockholm, September 13–14, 2018; deadline: March 1.
- Call: Foreign Knowlege—Medieval Attitudes towards the Unknown, workshop in Bochum, Germany, June 14–16, 2018; application due March 31, 2018
- Call: Chronotopos: A Journal of Translation History, first issue, deadline: July 1, 2018
- Reading: Changing Funding Arrangements and the Production of Scientific Knowledge, ed. Jochen Gläser and Kathia Serrano Velarde, special issue of Minerva 56, no. 1 (March 2018).
- Reading: One Thousand Gophers: Information and Emigration in the Early U.S. by J.T. Jameson, JHIBLOG, February 14, 2018
- "The Global Knowledge of Economic Inequality: The Measurement of Income and Wealth Distribution since 1945," deadline: February 28, 2018
- "Dynamiken des Wissens: Historische Perspektiven auf das Verhältnis von Wissen und Migration vom 20. Jahrhundert bis zur Gegenwart," deadline: February 28, 2018
- "Call for Applications: Explorative Workshops 'Mobility—Knowledge—Society'," deadline: March 9, 2018
The Nexus of Migration, Youth, and Knowledge
- Panel series at the 2018 Annual Conference of the German Studies Association in Pittsburgh
- September 27–30, 2018
- Conveners: Andrea Westermann (GHI West, Berkeley), Onur Erdur (Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin)
- Deadline: December 15, 2017
Agents of Cultural Change: Jewish and other Responses to Modernity, ca. 1750–1900
- Location: GHI Washington DC
- Dates: October 8–10, 2018
- Deadline for proposals: November 15, 2017
According to the call for papers, the conveners "are particularly interested in contributions that discuss the interdependencies of education and religion and their impact on prevalent systems of knowledge and practices of knowledge production."
GHI West, Pacific regional office of the GHI Washington DC, and funded by the Volkswagen Foundation
- For postdoctoral scholars with a strong interest in the history of knowledge
- Application deadline: November 1, 2017
GHI Washington DC
- For European and North American doctoral and postdoctoral scholars pursuing projects that draw on source material in the United States
- 1 to 5 months
- Application deadline: October 1 and April 1 each year