A research fellow position for history of the twentieth century is opening soon at the German Historical Institute in Washington, DC. The application is due electronically on July 31, 2018. Further details...
- Call: Power of the Priests: Political use of Religious Knowledge, November 29 to December 1, 2018. Deadline: July 15, 2018
- Call: The Transmission of Financial Knowledge in Historical Perspective, 1840–1940, Washington, March 8–9, 2019. Deadline: August 1, 2018.
- Call: In Global Transit: Forced Migration of Jews and other Refugees (1940s–1960s), May 19–22, 2019. Deadline: August 1, 2018.
Stranded encyclopedias: encyclopedic dreams and practices c. 1600–2000, Stockholm, September 13–14, 2018; deadline: March 1.
- Call: Foreign KnowlegeMedieval Attitudes towards the Unknown, workshop in Bochum, Germany, June 1416, 2018; application due March 31, 2018
- Call: Chronotopos: A Journal of Translation History, first issue, deadline: July 1, 2018
- Reading: Changing Funding Arrangements and the Production of Scientific Knowledge, ed. Jochen Gläser and Kathia Serrano Velarde, special issue of Minerva 56, no. 1 (March 2018).
- Reading: One Thousand Gophers: Information and Emigration in the Early U.S. by J.T. Jameson, JHIBLOG, February 14, 2018
- "The Global Knowledge of Economic Inequality: The Measurement of Income and Wealth Distribution since 1945," deadline: February 28, 2018
- "Dynamiken des Wissens: Historische Perspektiven auf das Verhältnis von Wissen und Migration vom 20. Jahrhundert bis zur Gegenwart," deadline: February 28, 2018
- "Call for Applications: Explorative Workshops 'Mobility—Knowledge—Society'," deadline: March 9, 2018
The Nexus of Migration, Youth, and Knowledge
- Panel series at the 2018 Annual Conference of the German Studies Association in Pittsburgh
- September 27–30, 2018
- Conveners: Andrea Westermann (GHI West, Berkeley), Onur Erdur (Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin)
- Deadline: December 15, 2017
Agents of Cultural Change: Jewish and other Responses to Modernity, ca. 1750–1900
- Location: GHI Washington DC
- Dates: October 8–10, 2018
- Deadline for proposals: November 15, 2017
According to the call for papers, the conveners "are particularly interested in contributions that discuss the interdependencies of education and religion and their impact on prevalent systems of knowledge and practices of knowledge production."