- Term: 6 to 12 months
- Deadline: December 1, 2018
- History of knowledge is one of the thematic possibilities. Others (perhaps combined with knowledge) are the histories of migration, family and kinship, race and ethnicity, religion and religiosity, and the Americas. Further details →
The German Historical Institute (GHI) is seeking applications for a Binational Visiting Fellow Tandem Program in the History of Migration. The fellowship program contributes to the creation of the new research network “Knowledge in Transit—Migrants’ Knowledge in Comparative Perspective” at GHI West, the Pacific regional office of the GHI in Berkeley. Further details →
Deadline: December 10, 2018
A research fellow position for history of the twentieth century is opening soon at the German Historical Institute in Washington, DC. The application is due electronically on July 31, 2018. Further details →
- Call: Power of the Priests: Political use of Religious Knowledge, November 29 to December 1, 2018. Deadline: July 15, 2018.
- Call: The Transmission of Financial Knowledge in Historical Perspective, 1840–1940, Washington, March 8–9, 2019. Deadline: August 1, 2018.
- Call: In Global Transit: Forced Migration of Jews and other Refugees (1940s–1960s), May 19–22, 2019 Deadline: August 1, 2018.
Stranded encyclopedias: encyclopedic dreams and practices c. 1600–2000, Stockholm, September 13–14, 2018; deadline: March 1.
- Call: Foreign Knowlege—Medieval Attitudes towards the Unknown, workshop in Bochum, Germany, June 14–16, 2018; application due March 31, 2018
- Call: Chronotopos: A Journal of Translation History, first issue, deadline: July 1, 2018
- Reading: Changing Funding Arrangements and the Production of Scientific Knowledge, ed. Jochen Gläser and Kathia Serrano Velarde, special issue of Minerva 56, no. 1 (March 2018).
- Reading: One Thousand Gophers: Information and Emigration in the Early U.S. by J.T. Jameson, JHIBLOG, February 14, 2018